I participated in a range of service activities from Summer 2013 to Spring 2014.
- Member of the Assistant Professor of Mathematics Search Committee
- Member Graduate Admissions Committee
- Member of Graduate Testing Committee
- Member of the Colloquium Committee
- Member of the ASPiRE Planning Committee
- One of the Mathematics Department Representatives at the Joint Mathematics Meetings Employment Center
Being part of a job search committee was a time-consuming, yet enjoyable endeavor. As part of the colloquium committee, I helped bring Dr. Pamela Harris to speak at our mathematics colloquium at no cost to the department or university. I also arranged for Dr. Rolland Trapp to speak at the ASPiRE conference and the Whitaker STEM Seminar series. I am very grateful that the Whitaker Center paid for almost all of Dr. Trapps travel expenses, saving the ASPiRE Conference and the Mathematics Department a small fortune. I also submitted an article about the ASPiRE Conference to the Spring CAS Quarterly.
Click on this image to view the ASPiRE website.
I am a Co-PI on the following National Science Foundation grant application:
- D. Buzasi, P; L. Frost, E. Insko, J. Muller, M. Savarese co-PIs; L. Serro, L. Goodson, Sr. Personnel; “F-squared STEM: Training Faculty Fellows in STEM at a Regional Comprehensive University”. NSF-DUE-IUSE, Submitted 2/4/14: $3,569,936.
- Volunteer at the annual FGCU Mathematics Competition for high school students
- Co-organizer for the 4th annual Underrepresented Students in Topology and Algebra Research Symposium (USTARS 2014) at UC –Berkeley - an NSF sponsored graduate research conference at which 4 FGCU students are presenting.
- I am working hard on convincing the organizing committee to bring the 5th annual USTARS conference to FGCU next year!